A mentor to me...

Check Out Eddy Davis and his New Orlean's Jazz Band!!

That's one way I think of my study of Woody Allen's body of work, I have a mentor, with out the mentor knowing I am apprenticing under him! Even though I am seen here sequestering this Auteur for an autograph, I doubt the shy persona would recall that June 2007 at the Carlyle Hotel, New York. This opportunity was thanks to the enthusiasm, and facilitation of my Mom and Aunt Judy. Two ladies that have amazing persistence, class and a sense that anything is possible.
We travelled from Vancouver B.C., Canada to watch the infamous clarinet player get it on with Eddy Davis and his New Orleans Jazz Band at the Cafe Carlyle. A fantastic evening of music in such an intimate, elegant setting. Yes, the cocktails were pricy - but so worth it! Not to mentioning getting to know some of the fan base from Spain! A jolly group were we perched on the coveted bar stools.

No comments:

Post a Comment